Xfinity is the trade name of Comcast Cable Communications, LLC, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation, used to market consumer cable television, internet, telephone, and wireless services provided by the company.
The brand was first introduced in 2010; prior to that, these services were marketed primarily under the Comcast name.
Its CEO is Dave Watson, its chairman is Brian L. Roberts, and its CFO is Catherine Avgiris. Xfinity went from $23.7 billion in revenue in 2007 to $50.04 billion in 2016.
In February 2010, Comcast began to re-brand its consumer triple play service offerings under the name Xfinity; Comcast Digital Cable was renamed “Xfinity TV”, Comcast Digital Voice became “Xfinity Voice”, and Comcast High Speed Internet became “Xfinity Internet”.
The re-branding and an associated promotional campaign were scheduled to coincide with the 2010 Winter Olympics.
The rebranding was characterized by the media as an effort to sidestep the negativity of the Comcast brand. Time considered Xfinity to be among the worst corporate renamings of all time, asking “Will the name change work? Probably not, but at least it’ll sound a bit edgier when you’re put on hold…with Xfinity.
Xfinity Router Login: Log in to a Comcast Xfinity Router
There are many reasons you might want to access your Comcast Xfinity router. For instance, you may want to change your wireless password or set up port forwarding for a project you are working on.
In any case, if you’re looking to log in to the Xfinity Wireless Gateway, then you’ll need the Comcast Xfinity router IP address in [the second step] to log into your router.
If you have an Xfinity modem/router combo, this is also known as your modem login. If you’re using a business router, the process can be a little different. Check out this guide for steps on how to log into a Comcast business router.
- Connect your device to your router.
- Use a wired connection when you are using a laptop to have a secure connection.
- Open any browsers available on your device and enter your router’s IP address.
- Your IP address is at the bottom of your router. You may also key in 10.0.0.1.
NOTE: If that IP address doesn’t load your Xfinity router’s web interface, then you may follow these steps.
- Enter ‘admin’ for the username and ‘password’ for the admin password on the login page.
- If you already personalized your router login, then you may log in accordingly.
- Click login, and you should see the router’s web admin homepage.
- If you were not able to log in successfully, try to log in again. If your second try is also unsuccessful, there’s a chance that your router is hacked.
Configure the Router
To prevent you from getting into horrible identity thefts and hacking, here’s how to change your router login credentials:
- Connect your device to your router. It is recommended that you use a wired connection while doing the router configuration. So check your ethernet cable.
- When connected, login to your router’s web interface on any browsers using the default or your personal login credentials. If you can’t log in successfully, try the default router login settings.
- On your router’s web homepage, click Wizard. This will land you on the router admin password change panel.
- You may now change your admin password by entering the old and the new password. Make sure to make a strong password.
Can’t remember your username or password?
Xfinity: Internet, TV, Phone, Smart Home and Security
Save on Xfinity Digital Cable TV, High Speed Internet and Home Phone Services. Enjoy entertainment your way with great deals on Xfinity by Comcast.