Having a fast and reliable Internet connection is so important nowadays. Nobody wants to wait for Facebook photos to load or to endure buffering videos on YouTube. Most DSL or fiber optic Internet plans provide fast enough Internet for the entire family, but if you don’t have one, you can opt for a prepaid device such as the PLDT Home Prepaid WiFi.
PLDT is the largest fully integrated telecommunications company in the Philippines. Learn how to change PLDT WiFi password from PLDT Home WiFi Settings?
Through its main business groups, from fixed line to wireless, PLDT offers a wide range of digital and telecommunications services on the most extensive fiber optic backbone in the Philippines, as well as on fixed line and cellular networks.
PLDT is listed on the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE: TEL) and its US Depositary Shares are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: PHI). PLDT has one of the largest market capitalizations among Philippine publicly traded companies.
PLDT Home Wifi
Most of the people use their default WIFI router settings, i.e. default PLDT WIFI password, which contains some vulnerability or week password.
- PLDT Home WiFi facility is available in both prepaid and postpaid.
- This is an internal setting to change admin login and PLDT WIFI password.
- To change PLDT WiFi password you need to know what is PLDT Fibr.
Fiber uses fiber optics technology to increase downloading and uploading speeds, speeds up to 1Gbps.
How to Login my PLDT Home WIFI?
PLDT Router Login Guide
- Open your internet browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Internet Explorer)
- Type 192.168. 1.1 (the most common IP for PLDT routers) in the address bar of your web browser to access the router’s web-based user interface.
- The default username for your PLDT router is adminpldt.
PLDT Home Wifi Settings
- After you logged in to pldthomewifisettings.net, to change your wifi name and password just you have to go to Network.
- Under the WLAN setting, you have to manage two networks 2.4 GHz band and a 5GHz band.
- Go to 2.4 GHz network setting > Advance Tab > Enter a new name in SSIS Name field > Enter new Password in the Passphrase field.
- Password should be 12 characters long combined with alphabets, number, special character.
How to Reset the PLDT Home Prepaid WiFi Modem
Let’s say that you forgot your WiFi password. You can simply login to the admin dashboard at 192.168.1.1 and go to Wireless > Wireless Settings to change the WiFi password.
But what if you forgot the admin password as well? Since there’s no way to recover the PLDT admin password, you can just reset the modem to restore the factory settings. This means that your passwords will be reset to the default one (which is pldthome). All your custom settings will be reverted to default and SMS messages will be deleted.
To reset the PLDT Home Prepaid WiFi, press the reset button at the back of the modem for at least 5 seconds, until the network indicator light (second from the left) turns red. Wait for the network indicator light to turn blue and connect to WiFi using the default password pldthome. You can then go to 192.168.1.1 to change your admin and WiFi passwords.